Thursday, January 15, 2009

There is a God

Delma and Mimi both slept til glorious 6am this morning. Aaaaahhhhh.

Josh is out of town this week and next, so I'm flying solo with the girls. It's going better than expected. I've realized the key is to throw out any hope for order in my home. The place is trashed, we're eating off of paper plates and drinking from styrofoam cups. But we're all fed and clothed and having fun, we all get to bed on time and we get out of the house on time every morning, so we're doing OK.

My mornings are a little kooky, getting us all cleaned and dressed and nursing Mimi and packing the girls' bag for school... and though sleeping til 6 was a treat, it meant a real hussle to get us all out of the house on time this morning. We did it, though.

I expected this time without Josh to destroy me, I thought I'd be a wreck and to be barely holding my shit together. I rely on him so much to help with the girls. I'm tired, to be sure. Delma and I are not eating the most balanced diet. And I'm going to have to find time to do some serious housecleaning. But I'm actually OK. I'm proud of myself for managing to keep it together. It's done wonders for my self-esteem and my confidence in my coping skills. It seems laughable now that I used to panic over a couple nights alone with just Delma. Those were the days!

No comments: