Thursday, July 9, 2009

CEimB



For this week's Craving Ellie in my Belly, Lonely Sidecar picked the Lobster or Shrimp Roll. They look so freakin good. I am a huge fan of lobster, despite being a mostly vegetarian. I do eat seafood outside the house but never prepare it at home. So I had to skip this week's recipe.

But I really wanted to try the gazpacho that everyone made a few weeks ago, so I whipped up the White Gazpacho with Grapes and Toasted Almonds.

Good God. It flew together in no time and was absolutely delish. I didn't get it entirely smooth so it still had some nice texture. I will definitely use this recipe again, it would be great when having dinner guests because it is so stupidly easy but seems very unusual and fancy. I'm a big fan of fancy deception.

Also please admire that rad trifle bowl that rarely sees any action. We got these from Crate and Barrel with a wedding gift certificate, it's a set of nice heavy Polish glass bowls, a big mama one and I think four of these smaller ones. They're lovely and I've never used them as actual serving bowls for some reason. Add that to my to-do list: Use pretty bowls for something either than staging food photos or storing dead batteries.

3 comments:

nick said...

This seemed to be a love it or hate it recipe for most of the group. I'm glad you liked it.

That trifle bowl is great - now you can say you've actually used it! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you still participated in CEiMB in some form this week even though you didn't make the shrimp rolls. I'm glad you enjoyed the gazpacho!

I too have plenty of dishes that never saw the light of day until I started my blog haha

sara said...

Great, I am so glad you tried out another recipe instead! This gazpacho was a bit controversial, not everyone enjoyed it, but yours looks fantastic.