Monday, January 28, 2008
I'm officially on the bandwagon, joining the hoards for crafters who've fallen in love with the Simplicity 3835 pattern. Love it! Someone somewhere suggested cutting the back out in one piece instead of in two pieces with a zipper, which I did, and it saved lots of work and stills goes on and off with no problem. I'll definitely make more of these, and will try the different arm lengths and shirt/dress lengths. I also will be a bit more careful tracing the pattern and cutting -- I wasted a LOT of fabric on mistakes this first time around. When I cut out the back, I cut out the dress length insteads of the shirt length. When I traced the sleeves, the whole pattern apparently shifted and I didn't notice til after I'd cut the pieces and started seaming. Oh, and I also cut out the long sleeves instead of short. Gah. lots of this fabric in my scraps bag now! Somehow I managed to fudge it enough to get a relatively decent and totally wearable garment. I'm very proud of myself. Go, me!